A few things to know before the show!
Before you travel to BB's Bingo, we’d like to make you aware that although it’s our show you are coming to watch, the logistical side of the show is run and controlled by the venue. Each venue we partner with has their own set of rules and regulations when it comes to entry policy, prohibited items and customer safety.
Tables & Seating
Our venues come in all shapes and sizes. Seating is allocated on a first come, first served basis. To ensure you have the best seat possible, we recommend arriving as early as possible.
For this reason, we ask all groups to arrive together to give you the best chance of sitting together. There is no guarantee that there will be space available to sit together as a group.
We recommend bringing your own bingo dabber. Don't have one, don't worry! We always have plenty on hand.
All customers MUST bring a valid, physical photo ID*. This can be in the form of: Passport or Drivers License. *Photocopies are NOT accepted under any circumstance* Please note: each venue reserves the right to refuse entry if customers cannot produce a valid form of ID. This can be due to licensing reasons as well as age verification, so please don’t feel offended or presume you are exempt from showing ID at any of our venues regardless of your age or appearance of age.
Our events take place in local bars, restaurant, and event spaces. For this reason, each venue has its own specific list of prohibited items that they won't allow into the venue.
Please make sure you check the venue website before attending any of our events.
Food and Drink
Some venues offer food and drink throughout the night. Food and drink is not supplied by BB's Bingo and not included in your ticket price.For specifics, and to ask about any dietary requirements, please contact the venue directly.
Ticket Check-In Rules:
1. Preparation for a Smooth Check-In: To ensure a seamless check-in process and minimize waiting time, we kindly request that you have your tickets ready for inspection upon arrival. We want you to enjoy your time inside the event rather than waiting in line.
2. Ticket Retrieval: If you can't find your tickets, please follow these steps:
a. Check Your Spam Folder: Tickets might land in your email spam folder. Please make sure to look there if you can't find your tickets in your inbox.
b. Provide Purchaser's Name: If you are still unable to locate your tickets, you can provide us with the name of the person who purchased the tickets. We will use this information to locate your reservation and check you in.
3. Individual Tickets: Each attendee in your group must have their individual tickets. This helps us maintain an accurate record of attendees and ensures a smooth entry process.
4. Sharing QR Codes: If you are attending the event as part of a group, please make sure to send the QR code from your ticket to every member of your group. This way, each person can present their own QR code for check-in.
5. Keep QR Codes Accessible: Before you reach the check-in point, ensure that the QR code on your ticket is easily accessible on your device's screen. This will expedite the check-in process for you and those waiting behind you.
6. Valid ID: In some cases, we may request a valid ID along with your ticket for verification purposes. Please have a government-issued ID (e.g., driver's license or passport) ready, just in case.
Thank you for your
cooperation in adhering to these ticket rules. We look forward to providing you
with a memorable event experience. If you have any further questions or
concerns, feel free to reach out to our event staff for assistance.